I’m a 2nd year Ph.D. student at UPF, Barcelona, working mainly on Algorithmic Fairness, with a particular focus on Recommender Systems.
Prior to start my PhD, I’ve been awarded with a full grant to participate the 8 weeks study program in Artificial Intelligence at Pi School, Rome, Italy.
I received my Master’s Degree (Honours) in Data Science and Bachelor of Science in Statistics from Sapienza, University of Rome.
During my study I’ve been awarded with a research scholarship at DIAG (Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering), concerning the development and application of data analysis techniques in bibliometrics.
- Aug 2020 Glad to present the ICWSM paper at the 4th workshop on Mechanism Design for Social Good (MD4SG ‘20).
- Aug 2020 Super excited to spend next three months at University of Helsinki, for a research internship, working with Michael Mathioudakis.
- Jun 2020 I’ll be joining the PC of RecSys 2020 (Demo and LBR Tracks)
- Jun 2020 I’ll present at ICWSM the paper The Effect of Homophily on Disparate Visibility of Minorities in People Recommender Systems. Here the video.
- Apr 2020 I’ll be joining the PC of ECML-PKDD 2020 (ADS track)
- Jan 2020 Paper accepted at ICWSM 2020 (16% acceptance rate)
- Nov 2019 Notified to have been selected to take part with travel support at the HUMAINT Winter School 2020!
- Sep 2019 Successfully defended my research proposal, with title Fair Recommender Systems for Graphs and Sequence Data.